Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Time for Change

I hope to be much better at updating the blog as this season settles more, but I can't promise!

The packing is WELL under way as our move date is creeping closer and closer!  Just a mere 3 weeks from today the moving truck will pull in!  We have some delightful friends who deliver us hardy boxes multiple times a week.  Last night their black Tahoe pulled in with another load.  I am so thankful for their willingness to serve in this capacity.  What a blessing!


Toby's reaction when he walked in the door Monday after school was priceless.  He walked in and noticed I had taken most all pictures off of the wall and said, "What in the world is going on in here?"  It was his true heart response and gave us quite a giggle.

Today we officially start the remodel at the GBH.
3 weeks of construction to include (but not limited to):
  • Remove paneling and plaster and drywall all walls and ceilings
  • Remove 1 wall between dining room and living room
  • Prime and Paint walls and ceilings
  • Remove flooring and of course, replace
  • New plumbing
  • 2 new bathrooms
  • New Furnace and A/C unit
The remodel will continue for some time, but these are the items we would like to complete before moving in the end of the month/early July.

I've decided to change up the decorating a bit and the boys have decided to have their own rooms so they are, with much excitement, designing their own rooms.  So, help a sister out...Tucker wants a wall of army camo.  Hmmmmm....Toby wants 3 murals on three walls, One of Justin Verlander, one of Chris Kyle and one of ... gee whiz I can't even remember.  They (and their Dad) also have big plans to build a secret door between their two rooms AND they are building their own beds with Dad's help.  Fun memories.

It's been fun to dream about the new house...I love this:

This firepit was super cute too!

And then the color scheme for the new house.  I like this.  Sep said he needed more choices.


So, I suggested this one:

 He said he needed more. So this was my final straw.  He is concerned it's not going to have red in it anymore...one of our favorite colors.  So, now I'm torn that I should go with my current colors...but my deadline is drawing in closer and I need to make a firm choice.


I grabbed these cream and blue chairs this week to go with our oak table and a black bench on the other side.  Now how in the world could I add red to that??


The new house has a living room inside the front door that will be the new home to a deep plum sectional currently in the office at The Foundry.  Also, a family room downstairs of the bi-level portion of the house.  This is where the fireplace is, and our current couches will go to keep with the browns, reds, greens color scheme we currently have.  It will also included animal mounts on the walls...eeks.  

Coming next...the BEFORE pics of the GBH dwelling!

3 comments:

  1. THAT FIRE PIT!! I love that. :) And I have to say, coming off the still-weariness of our moving season, that I do not envy you in the work ahead, but I am so excited FOR you and can't wait to see what God does and has for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fire pit. I really like the new colors you chose also. Glad you are doing before photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fire pit. I really like the new colors you chose also. Glad you are doing before photos. :)

    ReplyDelete